Global 8D Problem Solving Process
These are the other pages in our Global 8D Problem Solving Process Free Online Tutorial.
Taking The Guesswork Out of Forming Your Team
In this section of the Global 8d Report we look at the aspects of Forming Your Team
The Target is to form a team with the right people: those with
knowledge of the area in question, those willing, capable and competent to do
- Address the problem with the team
- Ensure that the right people with the proper
know-how of any processes or technical areas involved – also of any techniques
- Each team should have a champion or a Sponsor in
Management that can support implementation of corrective actions especially to
support decisions when extra Resources are needed.
Go through the following checklist to see that all that is possible is done to ensure this successful start. Start out as you mean to go on!
Checklist Step 1 of 8d Report
- Is your team the right size? (Typically 4 – 10
- Are the appropriate people included (those with
- Are the team members clear about the task at
- Are the team roles designated? Sponsor, Team
Leader, Moderator, Minutes taker, etc.
- Are sufficient resources available such as
meeting rooms, finances, projector, etc.
- Are the exact targets, including time-frame, clear
to the team?
- Are all members clear about the task, any
limitations, degree of urgency, etc.
- Are reporting issues clear such as how often, to
whom and who should be informed?
- Are there confidentiality issues?
- Has the team sufficient support from the
Now fill out the first part of the form:
This is the second section ( D1) of our form.
This section of the 8d report is to document the exact details of all members of the team.
It is important to document their details, for one that you know exactly how to contact these people quickly and secondly for legal reasons.
Should this global 8D process not bring the desired results, this can have legal consequences as the customer may, at most, sue your company or at the very least, move their business elsewhere.
This template is downloadable from our Resources page.
In the following pages, we will be going through each section and each dimension of the 8d Report.